Heart Felt Thoughts Deep Within Me

A place to express my happiness, sadness, frustrations, fears, anger... To find the inner ME!

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Sugar Biscuits


Seeing these biscuits doesn't it remind you of your childhood times.. I do remember myself buying these for my nieces and nephew... i like it too.. Though the sugar on the top is very fattening... Of coz not something that you can eat everyday lah.

Why am I talking about these biscuits? Quite a funny story behind it.

As some of you may know, I've started a new job at Orchard. About that job, I'll come to that later. I was in the office one day. My boss and colleagues were not in the office. As it was my 2nd day of work there, there was actually nothing much for me to do. The aircon in the office was COLD! Imagine me not afraid of cold, yet FREEZE when I'm there. I would wear a jacket when I stepped in the office...

When you are cold, the stomach gets hungry right.. So yes... I was feeling hungry. I didn't have any snacks with me so I started looking into the pantry cupboard.. And so I found these biscuits. Happily munching away, the door opened! Choke choke!! My boss walked in... I didn't have time to cover the biscuits.. Aiyo. I thought he was going to walk into his office but instead he walked over to my desk...

He said.. "the biscuits...". I said oh. I was feeling hungry as it was cold so I took it. He replied.... These biscuits are for praying. OMG! I was so shocked that I was lost for words. Almost fainted. I kept apologising... Though my boss said it's ok... But then his mouth went on and on about it. He even mentioned it to my colleagues when they came back.. Aiyo! So pai sei leh. I didn't know where to hide my face.

After he left the office, then I felt relieved... PHEW! My colleagues told me not to worry and that it's not my fault. Seems like a few gals before me made the same mistake worse than I did. They thought me a way to protect myself so as not to let the boss talk about it again. And he got the habit of talking about it outside the office to clients or suppliers, etc... SHIT!

The way to protect myself was to buy a packet of biscuits back for my boss. To repay back my boss and his GOD. Over the weekend, that's what I did. Bought him back 5 packets... I returned it to him the next monday.. And since then, I've not heard him mentioning again. Definitely enough for him to keep quiet about that incident for good. hehehe...

So that's the story about my 2nd day at work... Funny isn't it....

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home