Heart Felt Thoughts Deep Within Me

A place to express my happiness, sadness, frustrations, fears, anger... To find the inner ME!

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Reunion Dinner 2006!

Sunday, 29 January 2006
Lunar New Year
Time : 2.35am

For many years reunion wasn't celebrated in singapore as my Dad would be flying off to KL to Uncle Pat's house for his happy hour party and reunion. This year Dad decided not to go back. So I stayed here too. At first I thought to myself that reunion in singapore was going be boring as so far most of the dinners we had together usually don't last for more than 2 hours.. But I guess there's always surprises...

The spread was pretty good... Very worth the price too. $170 and below for duck, chicken, roast pork, spare ribs, yu sheng.... etc... All very yummy.. Eat until full full...Chat, eat, chat, eat, drink... laughters. After dinner, I was thinking that if everyone goes back into their rooms, then it will be rather boring isn't it...

So I started calling everyone to play cards. Ended up playing a game called SCENE IT? It's a game where you have to use the TV. It's almost similiar to any board game. Where you have the board, dices, cards... How the game is played? It's a guessing of actors & actress, movie titles, can be anything related to movies. The cards and CD have got questions in them. Each time you roll a dice, it's either to pick a card or answer what is on the TV. We were all blur.. As some of the movies weren't even our time. So we got the adults to help out. Some movies were like in the 1930s, 40s.. AIYO! Headache! But we all had fun laughing at the answers, trying to guess the names, titles, etc. The smart ones in the games was Adeline, Phil and Dad. The rest of us, like Andrea, myself, Chris... errr.. blur.... hahaha

After a while, we got bored of the game as most of the questions, the youngest didn't know who the actors were nor know the title of the movies... So we took a break...

After the break, we still wanted to play cards. But some of the adults weren't interested. Dad had some work for the shop so dragged Alex to help him. Phil went back to his room to watch football. Chris started with her jewellery making. So the card game was only Adeline, Andrea and myself. The gals didn't have money on them. So I took out whatever coins I had and played with them. When they lose, they get very sian... When winning, both of them very chirpy. Especially when I put down more than 50cents or $1. Overall, the winning wasn't so important. It was just spending time together. Like what uncle pat always says... "It's not about the food"!

Chris made me a bracelet and anket. Matching colours. Very nice indeed! She can actually open a shop or sell it on the internet to earn extra.

I'm so looking forward to my holiday in another 6 hours.... Whoopi!



4 Comments:

  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger patrickteoh said…

    Wah looks like you guys had some fun and a great reunion dinner menu. I spoke to Mr. Bill Teoh about it and the first thing he told me was about the great food from the CLUB and how cheap it was. It was on the tip of my tongue to say, "It's not about the food." But I didn't la. Sai hei ah. Good that this reunion dinner happened. It ain't the best but it's a good start. The more the family gets together the more fun it will be. Needs build up. I know that Phil and Chris are really game for fun events like these. So keep it up and eventually the kids will also jump in and really have a ball. Well, Mr. Bill might still be blur la but never mind. Hahahahaha.

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger patrickteoh said…

    And how come you didn't post anything on our Christmas party? Hmmmmmmph!

     
  • At 12:02 AM, Blogger patrickteoh said…

    By the way, TOTS means little kids. So you have little tots in your soul meh?

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Inner-Me said…

    hey PT, ya, there's always a start to something new.. Hope our future reunions will get more interesting by the year.

    haha.. didn't post anything on christmas day as i didn't enjoy myself at all.. too sick throwing up & running to the toilet half the time.

    haha.. thoughts in short can be also spelt as tots.. not necessary got to mean kids.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home