Heart Felt Thoughts Deep Within Me

A place to express my happiness, sadness, frustrations, fears, anger... To find the inner ME!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Welcoming 2006 with a big bang and kicking 2005 out the door...

11:04pm Tuesday
3rd January 2005

Yes yes, it's me again. This is the 3rd time I'm posting a message on Lisa's blog and I'm beginning to wonder why I haven't set up my own... ;oP (me being so lor sor)

New Year's Eve
This has been one of my most memorable days out of the 365 in 2005. It was a happy one; which is why it's a day I'll hold particularly close to my heart. I'd plucked up enough courage to attend a friend's wedding(on 31st December 2005) knowing full well that my ex-partner would be there with her girlfriend. In fact, we'd arranged to meet as I wasn't familiar with their customs and wedding receptions. It wasn't a Chinese wedding dinner... No Yam Sengs mind you...

Attending the dinner was a huge step to moving on from the past, not just for myself, but for this friend who was getting married. We'd gotten to know each other a few years ago. Many things have changed since then. Childhood friends were lost and perhaps one was found this day. I began to understand her joy and sorrow of losing people who were once so dear to her. She'd teared when she saw me. She didn't expect me to turn up, especially with my ex and her new gf. Back then, she knew me when I was with my ex. The whole group of us were having problems of our own and things had started falling apart between my ex and I. We gradually lost contact. Receiving her email and invitation to her wedding was the start to this experience.

We took photos and exchanged greetings but never got a chance to really talk. That doesn't matter. I was happy for her. Happy that she'd finally found someone she could settle down with. Happy knowing that this man is going to make a very good husband and father. Happy to know that she has found what she's always been looking for. It brought joy to my heart, seeing and feeling that for all the screw-ups life has dealt her, there has been a happy ending.

I left the wedding to meet Lisa, Peijun, Bobo and Uncle Bill for the night's celebrations. Little did I know that there was going to be another twist to this eventful day. As I was walking out from the wedding reception, I didn't notice someone coming up behind me. He tapped me on the shoulder and called out my name. Turning around, I was pleasantly surprised to see another old friend from the group. Hadn't expected him to turn up at the wedding after all that we'd been through. Didn't expect him to come up to me either. I spoke with him and his family and updated our contact numbers. It was good to talk to him. I miss the times we've had, the midnight suppers, crazy drives, relaxing at Changi Beach, wacky jokes.

From this, I'd learnt to be thankful for the times I've had with those I care about. Sentimental me: You'll not know the meaning of cherishing good times till they're over and you sit down quietly to think about them. For all of life's trials, the little moments measure up to a great deal of happiness.

Oh, are you tired of reading yet? This post is barely beginning.... hehehe

After the wedding... It was rush rush rush... going to meet the gals at Safra at Carpenter Street... I was lost... The taxi driver was lost. I actually put Lisa on Loudspeaker to give the Taxi Uncle directions. Hmmm... first it was Safra near Lavender, then Safra at Carpenter Street, then Safra near Boat Quay, then Safra near Boat Quay and opposite Merchant Court Hotel, then Safra near a place where there were construction works going on, then etc... etc... (see how confusing and confused I was... LOL) but yes, I eventually found my way there.

Anyway, I was talking to the Taxi Uncle in Hokkien and ended up doing the same to Peijun when I got to Safra.. Like "Hallo, wa ti lao kar liao" "Ke gui lao arh" .... ;oP for those of you who know me, I'm not Hokkien and I don't speak Hokkien often... Pardon my enounciation... LOL...

Oooohh... walking into the club... first thing that caught my eye (other than the people) was *drum roll*... the POOL TABLE...like wowwww....yayyyyyy...skippididoo! Ok, I haven't played pool in a long time and I miss it. I'm not fantastic but I enjoy the game very much. I met all the Uncles and one of them invited me to play pool with them. Hmmmm... you can imagine how fast my heart was beating...

Well, it's not a surprise that I lost to the more experienced professionals. Mr Birthday Boy/Man was gooooddd..

After a couple of drinks we sat down and Karaoke-d... Alright, we were actually singing oldies. But nonetheless, Goldies. Hey, you know what, Uncle Bill has a reaaallllly good voice. If you ever have the chance, listen to him sing. Bobo picked Hey Jude and Let It Be. We sang our hearts out(ermmmm.. without the mikes though...so shy!)... Peijun was asking us to pick more upbeat songs. In fact, she'd chosen Kylie Minogue's "Can't Get You Out of My Head/Mind" MTV and was singing and shaking to it. (So cute!) Between mouthfuls of chocolate cake and housepours, we'd managed to make toasts and hoorayed at each song. (This is really effective multi-tasking...Just imagine if we can apply this to our work)

In the midst of this celebration, who can forget to check 4D? kekekeke... First hand news from Lisa'a phone... Eagerly scrolling through and scrutinising each number, imagine 3 of us passing the phone around. Bobo as usual was the 'relak' 'cool dude'. He'd his share of numbers but I guess there were too many to remember. Oh well, darn, we weren't lucky on the last day of 2005.

Midnight was fast approaching and the karaoke-ing gave way to dance hits. Unfortunately, no one was dancing except Peijun. That girl was out to enjoy herself and she did. Salutes to her for the shaky-bon-bons... ;) I've never seen her dance and this was an eye-opener. Perhaps I should ask Lisa how to upload the video I took... ekekeke(Peijun, you have the other video of me singing and dancing too right.. ;P)

12 midnight -> We blew our whistles and popped the party-poppers! Here comes the New Year! Here's to a new beginning!

We left around 1am and headed for Peijun's place... Hmmmmm... The New Year is just beginning... We haven't quite gotten to our day trip in Johor on 1st January 2006... heheheh...

Lisa's getting tired waiting for me to finish so... adios amigos!



Posted by:
*wise-crack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home