Heart Felt Thoughts Deep Within Me

A place to express my happiness, sadness, frustrations, fears, anger... To find the inner ME!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Our HouseKeeper, Venus

Was chit-chatting in the pantry with my colleagues. The subject was on maids. My colleague have a indonesian maid and was talking about how scary and dangerous it is to hire a maid. As sometimes the maids are not so caring or attentive as the parents themselves. And they tend to be more blur or pretend to be stupid when it comes to certain matters.

As you all know, everyday there are cases of maids throwing babies down the building or employers doing nasty things to maids or vice versa... I think it all comes down to being lucky. And how the employers treat their maids.

Sudden thought came to my mind.. VENUS! We've had her for more than 10 years already. Though we have minor problems with her but never major problems like those mentioned above or those you see in the papers everyday. She's like a part of our family now. My dad treats her like his daughter and I treat her like my sister.. She's not like other maids where they stay home most of the time... Venus follows my dad almost to everywhere. She even joins in when we go karoke, or makan, etc.

She's been such a great help to our family. And really appreciate her and love her lots...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home