Heart Felt Thoughts Deep Within Me

A place to express my happiness, sadness, frustrations, fears, anger... To find the inner ME!

Saturday, February 18, 2006

My Dad

Hmmmm... An incident happened today at the shop. Volcano eruption, fire burning, words spitting, oil boiling... Whatever words you can think of that is HOT HOT HOT. A frustrated happening that occured few days ago. That my Dad brought up just now... In front of my frens...WAH LAO! SO PAI SEI LEH!

So I decided to walk out of the door to cool off. I was talking to Min on the phone and started crying.. Maybe too stressed out over the whole matter.

After cooling off, headed to the club for dinner. I was soft hearted upon seeing my dad limping. His last injury on his knee wasn't getting any better.. Felt so bad to see him that way. But of coz I didn't show it, maybe too shy or too stubborn.

While waiting for our food to come, I was looking at my dad.. And realised how much he have aged. The white hair, getting bald, the shape of the face starting to sunk in. That made me think of how he was throughout the years I've known him...

Frankly if you asked me if I really know my dad very well, I really don't. I've never been close to him or learn to know him. The years that I really got to know him better was when he's around 50 years old. Can't say I really know him very well now other straightforwardness. But I've learnt to listen to him talk, grumble or just snap off. I used to "shout" when talking to him. Not in a rude way, but wants him to hear me like an adult. After many years, that habit changed as he would listen when I wanted to speak. Sometimes he still wants his way... Ex-police officer! Sometimes talking to him like being interrogated. That's his tone and way of talking! Can't change.

But I can damn well ADMIT that he's a DAMN, BLOODY GOOD, GREAT PAPA! I wouldn't want anything else except for my old, funny, Dad! He's a cool, very straightforward, cheeky man (alot of my frens would agree on that) They call him COOL Man! Some said they've never met a Dad like him before... Which Dad at the age of 72 would still be driving a Merz, acting, going for massage, or karaoke, or driving all over singapore just to find good food. He's a Dad who knows how to enjoy life while he can. He used to say those old man who sits downstairs the HDB block who does nothing is like waiting for the "time to come".

When he laughs, make me wanna laugh too. We can chat about anything in the world, from conservative topics to the naughtiest, dirty, corniest, anything you can think of.. Even the sex topics.. Haha.. When it comes to this topic, his mind turns very fast. Like he used to quote before "I HAVE MY BALLS POLISHED EVERY SUNDAY". (Min tot he was so hardworking to get his bowling balls polished) HAHAHA. ButI'm sure most of the people who knows me would have heard this quote before and know the actual meaning to it... Now his balls aren't being polished so often. Maybe that's part of the reason for his grumpiness.

My dad is like my lover, someone who makes me laugh or sad. Someone who stands by me no matter what. Someone who complains and grumbles but still tell everyone I'm his favourite! He's always there in his own special way. Though we never say the "I love you" very often... but we all know it in our hearts. And when I say the 3 letter word, my dad would start wondering if I did something wrong! hehe... I guess in our side of the family we are the less expression kind of ppl.. We only show it by action once in a blue moon. Sometimes I would give him kisses on his face, and he would smile.... :)

I know when he's not around, I'll miss him terribly. I try not to think about it but my uncle would remind me sometimes. But it's also good to have someone to remind me at times so that I can buck up. (i think most ppl would know what i mean)

Here are pictures of my WONDERFUL DAD...

1. Baby photo.. this huge birthday card was made on his 70th birthday. Celebrated at AC (as usual) AC is like our family gathering place! Doesn't he look adorable.

2. This picture, most of my frens & colleagues said he looks like "Wong Fei Hong"..

3. Taken with my uncle pat in KL. It was a pool party for the children.. Don't you think my uncle
is such a HANDSOME man... But of coz my Dad is more matured and have a manly figure!.. haha.. if my uncle is reading this, he would be laughing his head off.

4. This taken at the club again. Had dinner with venus that night. As you can see dad's mouth is like he was saying something. He was trying to imitate how the philipinos say the word "FLASH" with the wrong accent...

5. This taken at my Godsis wedding last year. Finally seeing myself in a dress after so many years... My colleagues said this photo of my dad looks like a rich englishman.









I LOVE YOU, DAD!

10 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's never to late to learn that you appreciate him. Though he complaint infront of your friends...but...he also apologised him mistake infront of your friends. To me, this is something very precious as my dad will never admit his mistakes at all.

    Glad the stormy period is over and you two can have fun-chatting again. This is the thing I like to see. The joys and the laughters from Uncle Bill and u. This is the thing that $ can never buy...N...this is also something that younger people in modern days can seldom understanding it.

    Today, people are just too busy for themselevs and money. No time to share the little thoughts and joys to their people around them.

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Inner-Me said…

    yup.. i totally agree. we have our differences and sometimes get really irritated of each other. but don't have bad feelings after it's over.

    hehe.. was quite surprised that he actually admitted his mistake... so should buy 4-d! hehe

    aren't you glad to be a part of BT and LT's life!! haha...

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger patrickteoh said…

    I think you should re-word that part that says that I tell you all the time about the time when your dad is not around anymore. Right now it makes me sound really bad la:-( And some more ah, use the photo to cover my photo. That's the one with BT and me with the balloons on our heads, right? Good photo what that one. Should show also la. Heheheheheh.

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yup we tend to take our parents and loves one for granted and most of the time we treat our friends better. I also want to make the same new year resolution as you (though a bit late), i.e. to treat my mother better.....

    Right you dad is special and very different from the other dad I've met. Not a ordinary dad - I've only met him, hmmm 3 times? but he came across as a very humorous and funny person. Not everyone is lucky to have someone like him as DAD... (wanted to describe more but my vocab very limited lah :)

    take care, muicheng

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Inner-Me said…

    haha... PT, not using your photo to cover anyone lah.. That's a nice photo of you & dad. plus since i mentioned you in the blog, so must put your face there mah.

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger patrickteoh said…

    Hiyah. what la you? I didn't say you used my photo to cover anything. I said that you used your dad's photo in the chinese outfit to cover the one of him and me lah. With your edit you've still managed to cover my face while showing his with the balloon on his head. Okay la be like that. I also don't fren you anymore.

     
  • At 10:24 PM, Blogger patrickteoh said…

    I don't want to sound like a nagging aunt but has anyone made any attempts to frame that birthday poster for your dad? If really nobody is bothered with it I would like to have it. Thank you.

     
  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger Inner-Me said…

    haha... no.. you won't be able to have it... coz i will go & get it frame up... coz i wan it instead.

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there. I just discovered your blog through Min's posting. Read the bit about our Apek. :-) Just wanted you to know that you're not alone in your experience with Uncle Bill. I guess when we were children, both our fathers were a bit Cina Apek la (but shh...don't tell them that). Too cool to show their affection. So now like that lor. But I must say that with a little bit of effort, everything can be improved. It is never too late to start.

     
  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger Inner-Me said…

    hey anonymous, are you melanie or melisa? I agree with some effort, things can make a difference.

    didn't know blogging can lead to so many ppl.. this is getting interesting... enjoy my posts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home