Heart Felt Thoughts Deep Within Me

A place to express my happiness, sadness, frustrations, fears, anger... To find the inner ME!

Sunday, February 19, 2006

My Nanny & Family

Sitting and listen to "Black Eyed Peas" - Don't Phunk With my Heart. As usual blasting the music out of the window. I'm at Gu po's house (my nanny) I was here since yestereday afternoon. Went to the hospital to visit my uncle (nanny's husband).... The reason why I'm here started from 2 days ago when I went to TTSH.


Back track to Thursday, 16 February 2006.

TTSH... The thought of going there today, brings back memories. Beautiful, warm feelings I had on 5 July 2005. Something that would make me smile at the thought of it. At my most vunerable moment, I had someone there for me. I was having high fever then. I called my dad to bring me to the hospital and he told me to go on my own as he was bowling. I sms Sean that I was not feeling well... Then next moment, he appeared at my door step with a white t-shirt and blue short (like PE shorts), standing there with his wallet and handphone in one hand. As I was feeling dizzy and warm coz of the fever, he looked like an angel from God. An angel with sexy slim legs! :D

He brought me to the doctor first.... At the doctor's referral, I was asked to go to TTSH due to the fever I was having. TTSH was crowded as usual.. I was too weak to walk thus Sean held on to me and got me registered.. He was there the whole time, kept me company and safe. I felt really loved and warm. Also his shoulders.... which he calls it the Hanger Shoulders as it was hard, and stiff. But to me, it was the most comfortable shoulders I've ever leaned on. And the smell of his perfume..... Hmmm... Okok.. Coming back to my actual story. Going back to TTSH it's only a memory now, but at least it was a sweet one that I'll never ever forget.

My actual reason to TTSH was to visit my uncle. He was having high fever... He's got parkinson, lungs failing and due to old age, the doctors said no hope already. He was really looking bad. Had to breathe through a oxygen mask. Very skinny more like boney. Felt so sad seeing him like this. When K.L told him I was here to see him, he grabbed hold of my fingers so tightly. I guess for his memory, he remembers things very long time ago but not recently.

I stayed with him for a few hours together with K.L. Making sure his mask didn't fall off his face and seeing his ok and fallen asleep. Was chatting with K.L. She's very tired. Talking about what happened to her dad made her tear. She ranks 2nd in the family. But I've seen how she took care of her parents attentatively. She's done alot more than her other siblings. She's the one who's been keeping the family going. Making sure there's family gatherings, cooking for them whenever they come over every sunday. And with all these, she's never complained about anything.

Talking about the past now...

I was being brought over to my nanny at the age of 19 months. My mum was sick at that time so couldn't take care of me. They stayed at Bukit Merah. That area was surrounded by market, coffee shops, mamak shops.. My uncle used to bring me downstairs to buy candy. Showing me off to his friends and neighbours. I enjoyed it very much... Gu po have got 3 children. 2 daughters & 1 son. Everyone doted on me. Gu po treated me like her own daughter too. My stay with them lasted till I was 4 years old according to K.L. Till today I've kept in contact with them. Nowadays it's the grand daughter who updates me on the happenings at her house.. Qianyu & peiyu calls me sister. Sometimes I would come over to their house & stay for the weekend.

I'm amazed by these 2 gals. They are very obedient and helpful. Since young, her mum has taught them to do simple cooking, housework and taking care of their cousins and grandparents. And when you asked them to do a task, they will never take their own sweet time or complain or ask you to wait. So don't you think they are very good children...

Now that K.L. goes to the hospital, the 2 gals will look after gu po. They will take care of her daily needs which is feeding, bathing, etc.. They have a routine on what gu po needs to do in the day till she sleeps at night. And all these are done without their parents yelling or shouting at them to do it. The parents have really brought them up well! Qianyu is studying nursing. I'm sure she can be a good nurse!












5 Comments:

  • At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad to know that there're still so considerate kids nowaday. Most of the young kids which I know off, are very self-centred and selfish. If we could more kids like Qianyu and Peiyu then this World will be more beautiful.

    Keep up the good job - gers. Your effort is greatly appreciated by yr grandparents and parents. Next time, you'll be a great person too.

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger DarBaby said…

    l0l. thanks pei jun. wahahahaa.. lisa jie jie.. u shld have dug out nicer pictures of mine. LOL... ur titbits are still here..... whaha. n i opened somee. lol. muuuuackkks. have funn n takkare~ come over soon. hehee

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger DarBaby said…

    l0l. gong's out. n he's doing great. =]] when u comin over again. EXAMS over. soon. hahaaa.!! i wanna go pedicure, manicure, eat non stop. *screaaaaaaaaaaaaam

     
  • At 12:04 AM, Blogger Inner-Me said…

    aiyo.. i'm trying to lose weight...

    haha.. i bring you pedi when i got money.. haha

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol. i wnna lose weight too. daddy's so gonna drag me nxt week for jogs n all. but i think i'll pretend to b so so darn tired after the attachment n sleep non stop. lol!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home