Heart Felt Thoughts Deep Within Me

A place to express my happiness, sadness, frustrations, fears, anger... To find the inner ME!

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Yummy Dinner

Yes, my frens & I went for yummy food again... We met up at Orchard MRT. As usual Janet was late. Actually she wasn't late, she was the earliest. But due to the attractive shops at Wisma Atria, got her sway away.

The dinner was worth price. Mostly seafood and it was GOOD! *licking fingers*. The restaurant was located at Shaw Centre called East Ocean Teochew Restaurant.

Oops! Forgot to introduce those at the table. There were 9 of us. Peijun, BB, Jeslin, Jacky, Muicheng, Jen, myself, Janet, Huiyu. Quite a few "tigers" too. You know who you are. After seated, we were served with mini cups of thick chinese tea. I think it's a tradition for teochew restaurant. The taste of the tea was abit bitter. For those who hardly drink tea, might not like it.

Menu
1. Teochew Cold Crab
Been a long time since I had cold crab. It was delicious. The meat was fresh and easy to peel off. The roe was even better... So high cholesterol.. Eeks! Still once in a blue moon... Worry later.
2. Deep Fried Shredded Fillo Dough
It was crispy, flaky on the outside, with fruits or something starchy inside. I didn't quite like it coz of the crispy pieces outside.
3. Peking Duck
The skin was very crispy but enough taste.
4. Double Boiled Shredded Fin Soup w/ Ribs
This soup is very tasty definitely as it's double boiled.
5. Steamed King Scallop with Garlic & Chilli
This was served on a shell, one piece of scallop on top of it covered with garlic and chilli.
6. Steamed Live Soon Hock Fish
Just like any steamed fish.... :)
7. Fish maw & vegetable with Abalone Sauce
Not abalone.. just the sauce. The fish maw was nice but had abit of fishy taste as Jen mentioned. Fish Maw is fish stomach.
8. Braised Noodles with Shredded Duck Meat
By the time this dish arrived, we were all very full. The noodles was saltish. But what the heck, we all still wallop it all up.

The set meal even came with compliment dessert.
1. Fresh Fruit Platter
2. Mini Crispy Egg Tart.
When Peijun said this tart wa good, I didn't believe her till I tried it for myself... I even had 2 pieces... :-P

From the above, are your saliva dripping too? hehe.. The food was good, company was even better. As we've not seen each other for sometime. Plus with Janet around, there's sure to be loads of laughter.

The plan was after dinner to head over to AC. But couldn't as my Dad was unable to join us. So an idea came to my mind... Another hobby of ours other than eating... hehe... KARAOKE! ON AH! Peijun was quick.. started taking out her phone & calling the places which was available. Bobo was amazed by her efficiency!

Upon knowing the venue of the Karaoke, I was like... Oh! Another venue to conquer. Suddenly all the memories came flowing back.... Woah! Jeslin, Jacky and Huiyu headed home while the rest of us headed to Paradize centre.. Boy! My tummy is going to burst. Walking down the hall of rooms was kinda weird. Saw the room where we were last at.. The colours of the chair & rooms were still the same. The walls was light yellow. The chair is black with grey backing. We were assigned to room 77.

Everyone was excited. Thinking of what songs to sing.. Each of us took turns to choose and sing. Jen as usual was choosing English songs. While the rest was chinese. Janet started looking into her hp to search for the titles. I wasn't singing with the mike yet. Too full and too "Stoned". The venue and surroundings just made me keep quiet for a moment. I tried not to let anyone see the "Stoned" side of me so I just laughed along or did whatever I could so I wouldn't think so much. Soon I was singing away. Not very good with the words still but who cares. We aren't professionals.

As the time got nearer, we decided to cut the song short. So Peijun said each of us only allowed to sing half a song. Meaning whenever the song came to a break with no words, PJ would hit the EJECT button. Janet had a taste of that a few times... When she was singing happily, we eject the song.. She gave us the "PIG MOUTH" look.. It was funny! I saw how PJ laughing so hard that it made me laughed too. PJ, myself and Jen were enjoying the eject joke we played on Janet..

As PJ, MC had to work tomorrow, they had to go home... 3 of us stayed behind to continue the singing session. I was more alert and getting so in the crazy mood as my bedtime had already passed. It's like after bedtime is over, the mind works better. So I started choosing the songs I wanna sing. Chose some from Eric Moo, Zhang Xin Zhe... Their songs are alot on reality. And some love songs which are popular in the 1980s, 90s.

As these songs were played and sang, my mood seems to be getting lower. Thought of happy and sad moments. Suddenly I thought of the songs he sang to me. There's were "zhi shao hai you ni, ke ai de mei gui hua, wu yan de jie ju (taboo song), pai pai zhuo, xun meng yuan, a few more which I can't remember. I had these titles in my hp for some time. And somehow I thought if I were to sing it all out now, that would mean it's time for me to erase it all. And the sudden urge was strong. I asked Janet to search for those songs above so I could finish it all at one go.

Maybe it sounds weird like why would I want to un-sing all these songs.. It's hard to explain. I just felt that it was a correct decision and that since I've learnt to let go of the past, then other things that are being kept whether in my hp or other parts of me... I should let it go too. And when I sang the songs, I think I wasn't feeling sad, just singing away my sad memories. But still kept abit of the good ones. But still felt good.

For those who knows me well enough, I'm sure you can understand why I did this and would be happy for me.

It was a damn great night for sure as I've never sang in a karaoke place till 4am... Till the place closed! The staff were already telling it will be the last song and we were still trying to squeeze in as many songs as we could. :-D
But it was fun.. Agree with me, Jen & Janet? We shall do this again.... but next time PJ must join us.

Tomorrow will be another busy day as we heading to JB. BB & Jen will be going for massage... While the "twins" will go shopping! YoOhOo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home