Heart Felt Thoughts Deep Within Me

A place to express my happiness, sadness, frustrations, fears, anger... To find the inner ME!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Prawn Fishing


Interesting title isn't it.... Jen asked me if I wanted to join her, Stephen and Issac to fish prawn.. Sounds good as I've never done it before and a good chance to meet Issac for the first time. Before heading there, I was thinking whether to sit on Jen's bike or take a cab... Finally ended up on Jen's bike as the taxi queue was really LONG!

Putting on the helmet, trying to figure out how the hell to get onto the bike was a challenge... HAHA! Jen suggested me getting onto the back seat first which was a pretty good idea. Just that my fat thighs couldn't lift up so had to use my hands to help... hehe.. (time to lose weight) On the bike, I was abit uncomfortable at first as my butt seems too big for the seat... But after adjusting, I was getting the hang of it and starting to enjoy the breeze. Sitting on the back reminds me of 6 years ago when I had my first ride on a scooter... This time slightly different as it was a gal in front of me and I wasn't sure where to hold, so i just put my hands to the side of Jen's thighs. hehe... Overall, the ride was good... 2 bumps that gave me a fright... But we still managed to reach the destination safely as Jen was a good driver!

Then again, thinking how to get off the bike... Again used my hands to bring my fat thigh down.. So pai sei as Stephen was there waiting for us.. And looking at me getting off the bike... (shy shy) The place we went didn't look like a pond place.. More like a karoke joint. As we got closer, we saw prawn pond cum karoke.... The karoke was terrible.. Senior citizens singing oldies.. AIYO! Can make you sleep...

I was being introduced to Stephen and later Issac as he was busying using his hands to fish prawn. The place was quite crowded. There were kids, adults. Some came as a family, some as couples. Prawn fishing is almost the same as normal fishing. The rod, hook, prawn bites, water, etc. Just that this isn't the big sea. More like a small swimming pool.

We sat down just watching others, checking out the place, and how ppl fished. Stephen called out to Jen asking her to try out... I sat there watching. Chit-chatting with Stephen and Jen.. Issac came to join us so everyone started talking and talking and laughing. It was pretty nice.. I started smsing PJ telling her that things seems to be going on well. Where we were fishing, the pond didn't seem like the prawn were getting hooked. So they decided to switch to another pond. Ended up Stephen and Jen fishing at one place while me & Issac fishing at another place.

At a point of time, I realised that Jen was "missing"... Hmm.. That made me wonder if she was trying to let me have sometime alone with Issac. We talked.. He asked some questions and vice versa. (PJ would be asking me "what questions?)" Questions like where you stay, what work you do, what do you do in your free time, some jokes, some teasing, teaching me on prawn fishing... etc... Overall the chit-chat was nice. Though it was the first time meeting, but I warmed up pretty fast. Maybe coz they made the first move in talking and they were friendly and very talkative. :P Issac was telling Jen that if they have other outings or gatherings or any occasion, can bring me along.....

I managed to catch 2 prawns.. hehe... After that Stephen BBQ them... YUMMY! Stephen told some jokes and more chit-chatting before we headed home.. I sat in Issac's car as Stephen had to go to Issac's house to get his bike. Issac is a FAN OF TARE PANDA! He was wearing tare panda shirt, his exterior of the car were stickers of tare panda. Interior of the car was also tare panda. And he looks like tare panda too.. hehe..

Jen followed behind.. Hmm... They were concerned about how Jen was riding, especially whenever she made a corner turn.. Issac turned on the music.. CHINESE SONGS! My favourite! haha.. We shared the same kind of music.. Started singing to it.. Then a familiar song came "GUO HUO".... As the traffic lights came to a stop, we wind down the window for Jen to listen too.. hehehe.. And she started singing to it too.

Issac stays at upper thomson area. Big house too. Like those semi-detached. After Stephen got his bike, we started to head to my house.. No idea why Stephen and Jen followed too as they were supposed to head to Tanjong Pagar. Maybe Jen was worried that Issac would dropped me off at some ulu place (Issac said this)
So I had 3 bodyguards to send me right to my flat. Now everyone knows where I stay...

Before heading to my unit, we talked about tomorrow.. bike washing day... and good byes and good night... I even managed to tease Issac before walking off.. And he was "fuming cheekily"

So that's the story above for tonight's prawn fishing "date". hehe.. I really had a good time.. Not just good company but good food as well.... THANKS JEN! Looking forward to more prawn fishing in other places and deep sea fishing.. Wow! More new things for me to venture.

Time to sleep now.. If not, I'll be the one looking like tare panda!

Good Night!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger *wise-crack said…

    hahaha... yesyes... i walked away so you could have some time alone with isaac.. then see how you two get along mah.. turns out.. it was pretty good! LOL... I'm happy that you had a good time.. :)

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger *wise-crack said…

    OOOoooopsss.. here i am, rushing home to read your blog when I'm supposed to go downstairs to wash my bike... eyyyy.. now everyone knows where stephen and i stay liao leyyyyy..

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Inner-Me said…

    haha.. and stephen & issac knows where i stay too...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home